SMIDS Pro is coming SOON!
SHIPS MOVEMENT INFORMATION DISPLAY SYSTEM
for accurate and safe navigation
SMIDS Pro is Commercial Maritime’s most economic and accurate SDME (Speed Distance Measuring Equipment) system using state of the art technology to provide vessel Distance to Berth and Course Prediction options.
- Uses high accuracy, multi-constellation GNSS.
- A Transmitting Heading Device (THD), with an integral GNSS heading sensor. (Approvals Pending)
- Recall previously visited berth locations.
- Full-colour touch screen graphical user interface.
- A GNSS Positioning Device (Approvals Pending).
- A Primary or Secondary Heading Device (Approvals Pending).
- Predictive Berthing Assistance.
- ‘At a glance’ key information in a single location, with integration to 3rd party equipment.
Why should you install the new SMIDS Pro?
- Reduce docking and departure times.
- Reduce carbon emissions.
- Increase ship safety with reduction to risk of damage to vessel, berth and crew.
- Intuitive, simple user interface.
- Simple retrofit installation on the move, with no interruption to the ship’s voyage.
- Cost-effective solutions to statutory requirements for secondary equipment (heading, positioning and SDME).
- Future option to allow Remote Access to recorded voyage data.
- Playback Software included.
- IEC 60945:2002.
- Marine Speed and Distance Measuring Equipment (SDME) – IEC 61023:2007.
- GPS Receiver Equipment – IEC 61108-1.
- ISO 22090-3:2014, Transmitting Heading Device (THD).
*Pending approval test completion.
Benefits of the SMIDS Pro
- Globally reliable, accurate and unaffected by debris in river/estuary water, disturbed silt, or cavitation.
- Stern, Bow and Midships distance to berth information to assist with berthing.
- Predictive Course indication.
- Displays and logs voyage time and total distance travelled.
The SMIDS Pro is accurate to 0.01knot for speed and has an increased accuracy with 10 Hz velocity measurements.
- Redundancy in position and heading measurement.
- Distance data in addition to velocity data.
- No equipment is required dockside.
SMIDS Pro combines features that take it beyond being only an SDME device. It is a trusted and proven solution, with the benefit of having no vessel downtime when installing.
All features and specifications are preliminary and are subject to change without notice.
The approvals mentioned are currently underway and in the final stages of testing.
The SMIDS Prois out now.
If you would like more information, please contact us today.
[email protected] or call +44(0)2380 480450
See the SMIDS range
Follow us on social media
For latest industry news, offers and more.