BOOST YOUR SKILLS & JOIN THE AMI ENGINEER NETWORK – THINK AMI
CAN I BE TRAINED BY AMI?
AMI provide training courses designed for qualified marine electronic engineers who have little or no experience working on AMI products. There are two training course types available for the AMI equipment.
AMI VDR/SVDR TRAINING
This course is carried out over three full days and is available to private and company engineers looking to install, repair and survey our VDR and SVDR system – Also has options for accommodation to be included.
EXTENDED AMI TRAINING
This course is out over four full days and is available to private and company engineers. It includes all of the VDR/SVDR course, our Type Approved equipment and more – Accommodation is included in the package.
WHY TAKE A COURSE?
Our product-specific training enables you to join our worldwide network of trusted providers for installation, service and support available to AMI customers. All AMI trained Engineers are issued with an Approved Training Certificate which is valid for 3 years as standard.
Open courses are held at our training centres in Southampton, UK, and also in Singapore, but increasingly AMI has conducted bespoke courses all around the world – these can be arranged for groups of as little as 5 or more participants. Please get in touch for details.
250-00 GBP per engineer
- This for all engineers to be able to carry out APTs or to refresh those that have expired certificates.
- Only engineers with experience on any VDR/S-VDR equipment. Proof must be provided.
- The Course is approx. 2hours + Q&A session.
- This is training on all of the latest VDR models (X2272, X-VDR/X2).
- The Certificate awards 12month accreditation.
300-00 GBP per engineer
- Upgrade Online Training for the X2 VDR, this is our new VDR being used for the latest VDR specifications and approvals.
- Only engineers that are X-VDR model trained can select this renewal option.
- This will renew your certification for full status, pending pass.
UK Location Training Courses 2021Training@amimarine.com
“As a marine electronics engineer and radio surveyor I would highly recommend AMI Marine electronics systems. The shipped equipment is always of high quality and the staff offering full support whenever required.”
Alex P Alexandrou
Marine Tech SA CY Ltd
“AMI Marine pulls all the stops to meet our needs and do put customer satisfaction above the bottom line, demonstrating the desire to have a long term relationship with customers.”
NLNG Ship Management Ltd
“Very Reliable equipment supplied at good prices.”
“I have been pleasantly surprised by the consistently high quality service delivered by AMI Marine Ltd and would highly recommend their services to anyone looking for a hard working company in the Electronics Manufacturing sector.”
Mrs Chionoulla Kourtoulou
“Great customer service from the very first moment to the final order and delivery of the product. AMI Marine technology is very useful in the field, easy to use and powerful.”
“AMI is an example of how a supplier should be – be it customer care, response, or quality of the product. They are the perfect partner to deal with.”
“In our many years of interactions with AMI, we have received Lightning-fast responses and excellent customer care. Their products are perfect. They offer full aftercare support. We would like to note special attention to the qualifications of employees/staff. Also the ease of communication and mutual understanding.”
“Extremely professional and always very kind. Products are of high quality, and in every situation, AMI has an excellent and very fast aftersales support.”
“AMI is a company focused on serving its customers well. Good quality.”
“Alphatron Marine would highly recommend AMI Marine electronics systems. Their response time is quick and to the point, their products are of high quality, and their customer- and aftercare is exemplary. They are a partner we can rely on.”
Raymond Polak – Manager sales spares and trade.
Alphatron Marine BV
“This mini recorder was required primarily in case of an accident between tugs/vessels/yachts/barges etc., to provide a detailed timeline account of the communications that took place before and after the incident. The minimalistic design of the computer and its interface allows the system to be installed practically anywhere onboard.”
Kenneth Mallia, Technical Officer
Tug Malta Ltd
“We use the X-VHFR recorder for incident recording, to download footage to resolve disputes. Our systems record VHF distress channels and port VHF and UHF audio. This is valuable equipment, which is easy to use for playback on our local PC.”
Port of Sunderland UK
“The X-VHFR fits a specific need for ferry operators who want to reliably record and review data without the need for a full VDR.”
Ships Electronics Service Ltd
“We have had the X-VHFR installed in the Harbour Office since early 2019 to enable analysis of VHF communications. Its primary purpose is to establish a sequence of events when undertaking an investigation into a marine incident.”
Harbour Master – Lymington Harbour
SEND AN ENQUIRY
Our team are happy to help and always aim to reply within 24 hours.
FIND OUT ABOUT TRAINING
- CountryAfghanistanAlbaniaAlgeriaAmerican SamoaAndorraAngolaAnguillaAntarcticaAntigua and BarbudaArgentinaArmeniaArubaAustraliaAustriaAzerbaijanBahamasBahrainBangladeshBarbadosBelarusBelgiumBelizeBeninBermudaBhutanBoliviaBonaire, Sint Eustatius and SabaBosnia and HerzegovinaBotswanaBouvet IslandBrazilBritish Indian Ocean TerritoryBrunei DarussalamBulgariaBurkina FasoBurundiCambodiaCameroonCanadaCape VerdeCayman IslandsCentral African RepublicChadChileChinaChristmas IslandCocos IslandsColombiaComorosCongo, Democratic Republic of theCongo, Republic of theCook IslandsCosta RicaCroatiaCubaCuraçaoCyprusCzech RepublicCôte d'IvoireDenmarkDjiboutiDominicaDominican RepublicEcuadorEgyptEl SalvadorEquatorial GuineaEritreaEstoniaEswatini (Swaziland)EthiopiaFalkland IslandsFaroe IslandsFijiFinlandFranceFrench GuianaFrench PolynesiaFrench Southern TerritoriesGabonGambiaGeorgiaGermanyGhanaGibraltarGreeceGreenlandGrenadaGuadeloupeGuamGuatemalaGuernseyGuineaGuinea-BissauGuyanaHaitiHeard and McDonald IslandsHoly SeeHondurasHong KongHungaryIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIranIraqIrelandIsle of ManIsraelItalyJamaicaJapanJerseyJordanKazakhstanKenyaKiribatiKuwaitKyrgyzstanLao People's Democratic RepublicLatviaLebanonLesothoLiberiaLibyaLiechtensteinLithuaniaLuxembourgMacauMacedoniaMadagascarMalawiMalaysiaMaldivesMaliMaltaMarshall IslandsMartiniqueMauritaniaMauritiusMayotteMexicoMicronesiaMoldovaMonacoMongoliaMontenegroMontserratMoroccoMozambiqueMyanmarNamibiaNauruNepalNetherlandsNew CaledoniaNew ZealandNicaraguaNigerNigeriaNiueNorfolk IslandNorth KoreaNorthern Mariana IslandsNorwayOmanPakistanPalauPalestine, State ofPanamaPapua New GuineaParaguayPeruPhilippinesPitcairnPolandPortugalPuerto RicoQatarRomaniaRussiaRwandaRéunionSaint BarthélemySaint HelenaSaint Kitts and NevisSaint LuciaSaint MartinSaint Pierre and MiquelonSaint Vincent and the GrenadinesSamoaSan MarinoSao Tome and PrincipeSaudi ArabiaSenegalSerbiaSeychellesSierra LeoneSingaporeSint MaartenSlovakiaSloveniaSolomon IslandsSomaliaSouth AfricaSouth GeorgiaSouth KoreaSouth SudanSpainSri LankaSudanSurinameSvalbard and Jan Mayen IslandsSwedenSwitzerlandSyriaTaiwanTajikistanTanzaniaThailandTimor-LesteTogoTokelauTongaTrinidad and TobagoTunisiaTurkeyTurkmenistanTurks and Caicos IslandsTuvaluUS Minor Outlying IslandsUgandaUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesUnited KingdomUnited StatesUruguayUzbekistanVanuatuVenezuelaVietnamVirgin Islands, BritishVirgin Islands, U.S.Wallis and FutunaWestern SaharaYemenZambiaZimbabweÅland Islands