SMIDS MKIII testing in the VSV 50 British Venture
The best way to spend a cloudy October morning is on the magnificent VSV 50 British Venture. Gliding along the Southampton Solent testing the new SMIDS MKIII.
VSV 50 – The MCA Coded Superboat!
- Length: 16m (52.5ft)
- Beam: 2.82m (9.25ft)
- Draft: 1.0m (3.2ft)
- Speed: Up to 50 knots (load dependent)
- Range: 500nm +
- Displacement: 8250 kg – 10500 kg
- Construction: Carbon Fibre & Kevlar
- Base Port: Portsmouth UK
- Engines: Twin Caterpillar C7.1 507 HP electronically controlled, common-rail marine diesel
- Gearboxes: ZF 280-1A 1.483:1 reduction, electrically controlled
- Propulsion: France Helices SDS2L surface drives, articulated for steering and drive trim
- Propellers: 20.8” Diameter NiBrAl Surface Piercing Type
- Trim Systems: Kiekhaefer Electro-Hydraulic Trim Tabs, 450-litre bow ballast tank
- Hydraulic Systems: Triple redundancy PTO and electro-hydraulic
- Steering: Powered hydraulic with follow up joysticks
To read the full Technical Specification visit the VSV 50 website HERE.
This is a valuable opportunity to test the new SMIDS MKIII, commercial marines’ newest, most economic & accurate Ships Speed & Distance Measuring Device.
To learn more about the SMIDS MKIII please click HERE.
We would like to say thank you to our partners Ambex for helping us with the trials of the SMIDS MKIII.
If you would like to know more about SMIDS MKIII please contact our sales team at email@example.com