Portalevel® MAX MARINE PLUS
Flagship Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicator Designed for the Marine Environment
The Portalevel® MAX MARINE PLUS is an all-new liquid level indicator designed specifically for use onboard marine vessels and environments within the marine sector. Now with three extended calibration features and a display that will indicate if the sensor is in the GAS or LIQUID phase of a fire suppression cylinder. This portable and battery powered, liquid level indicator is designed to non-invasively, accurately, and reliably measure the level of fire suppression agent contained within a cylinder. The UL-Approved Portalevel® MAX MARINE PLUS is suitable for CO2, most Liquified Clean Agents, and Halons.
Marine Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicator
One of the latest additions to the Portalevel® range, the all-new Portalevel® MAX MARINE PLUS offers vast improvement to the functionality and display, all packaged into a smart, ergonomic, and rugged enclosure. With the implementation of three calibration modes, the user has much greater control when testing a large variety of liquids and fire suppression systems. A new user interface upgrade now indicates which phase the sensor is placed, indicating either GAS or LIQUID. This model comes supplied with a sensor extension rod which allows easy testing of multiple banked rows of cylinders often found aboard seafaring vessels.
- User-friendly display, versatile and accurate to ±1.5 mm.
- Three intelligent calibration features and four power settings for increased gain.
- Capable of testing a wide variety of fire suppression agents, such as; CO2, FM200™, NOVEC™ 1230, old Halon agents, FE-13™, FE-25™, NAF S III™ and all core Clean Agent systems.
The Portalevel® MAX MARINE PLUS is designed to be a portable way to non-invasively locate the liquid level inside most single skinned cylinders. Our technology is suitable for many applications, but it is most widely used as a replacement for both weighing fire suppression cylinders during installation and servicing, or replacement for the fitting of internal and invasive liquid level ‘float’ devices. Once the liquid level height inside a container has been located, the agent weight can be determined using the Portasteele® CALCULATOR, which is designed to quickly convert liquid height to agent weight accounting for the cylinder size, agent type and temperature.
Converting Liquid Level to Weight:
Monitoring the liquid level in fire cylinders is a vital aspect of any fire suppression system maintenance schedule, however, understanding how the liquid level relates to the fill weight of the cylinder is equally important. Coltraco Ultrasonics offer, in conjunction with the Portalevel® range, the world’s first liquid level to agent mass calculator.
The Portasteele® CALCULATOR calculates the agent weight of a fire suppression cylinder. It does this by using the liquid level determined by our Portalevel® range or inversely, by using the required fill level for a certain weight of suppression agent. The Portasteele® CALCULATOR is sold as a stand-alone unit on a 7’’ hand-held tablet to be used in conjunction with our Portalevel® range.
- An ultrasonic transducer, either handheld or extension rod, coated in ultrasound gel (or water) generates an ultrasonic pulse that is transmitted into the fire cylinder and is reflected back. The ultrasonic gel acts as a couplant by removing any air gaps between the ultrasonic transmitter and the cylinder wall, thus allowing the transmission of ultrasound.
- As the wave travels throughout the cylinder, some of its energy is dissipated into the cylinder and its contents. This results in the signal returned to the transducer having decreased amplitude. Analysis of the returned signal can be used to determine if the transducer has been placed in the liquid or gas phase.
- The Portalevel® MAX MARINE PLUS will display a numerical value which is an indicator of the strength of ultrasound received by the unit.
- The device is calibrated by moving the transducer up and down the cylinder whilst reading the numerical value off the display and engaging the ‘CAL’ button when in the appropriate section.
- The user has the option of selecting between three calibration modes depending on the cylinder and agent type.
- The Portalevel® MAX MARINE PLUS will now indicate which section of the cylinder the ultrasonic transducer is located by displaying GAS or LIQUID, thus allowing the user to accurately find the liquid level.
Extension Rod explained
DELIVER BETTER FIRE SAFETY ONBOARD
IMO SOLAS & FSS Code Chapter 22.214.171.124
“Means shall be provided for the crew to safely check the quantity of the fire extinguishing medium in the containers.”
The crew are not qualified to dismantle the fire system to weigh the cylinders. So having a quick and easy to use ABS Type Approved ultrasonic liquid level indicator is the only accurate and efficient way of delivering better fire safety onboard, and protecting the crew.
What’s In The Box
- Portalevel® MAX MARINE PLUS Unit: main electronic unit fitted with harness points for handsfree operation.
- Handheld Ultrasonic Sensor: fitted with magnetic head to ensure perfect positioning on the cylinder wall every time.
- Ultrasonic Gel: ensures perfect connection between cylinder and sensor allowing the transfer of ultrasound into the inspection surface.
- Carrying Case: robust protective case which is ideal for transportation, storage and protection in harsh environments.
- Infrared Thermometer: used to measure cylinder surface temperature.
- Extension Rod: used for testing banked cylinders in multiple rows up to four deep.
- Calibration Certificate: providing traceability of accuracy and documenting unit setup.
- Operating Instructions: manual provides setup instructions and step-by-step guide for usage. Technical support is available for the lifetime of the product.
Also, see the full range of Ultrasonic Testing Tools
|Dimensions||· Height: 160mm
|Sensors||14mm diameter magnetically mounted sensor applicator with a 1 m BNC coaxial cable.|
|Accuracy||+/- 1.5 mm / +/-1/16 inch|
|Power Supply||1 x PP3 9V battery offering 10 hours operational battery life|
|Display||55 x 28 mm backlit LCD|
|Operating Temperatures||-10 °C to +65 °C / 14 F to 149 F|
|Classifications & Approvals||UL Listed, RINA Classification Society Approval, ABS Type Approval|
|Enclosure Rating||IP65 Rating|
|Registrations||CE UKAS ISO 9001, ISO 1400|
|Warranty||Main unit – 3 Year Warranty | Sensor – 1 Year Warranty | Technical Support – Lifetime of the unit|
Please note that due to the complex nature of shipping for certain products it will be more cost effective to contact AMI directly using the [email protected] address or the telephone number +44 (0) 2380 480450, for a bespoke quotation.
Our team are able to create bespoke quotations for you for all of your needs and delivery requirements.
We are able to ship to all parts of the world. Transit times vary and are usually between 2 and 5 days depending on the destination.
All orders taken through the e-shop are acknowledged by the team at AMI Head Office and an expected delivery date will be advised.
Full terms and conditions are available on the Legal page.