Permaflow – Ultrasonic Transit Time Flow & Heat Meter
New February 2021
Fixed, clamp-on, ultrasonic transit time flow and heat meter.
Measure and monitor volumetric flow rate, mass flow rate, energy (heat quantity) flow rate – from one instrument.
Fully non-invasive (no drilling required) for measuring the flow rates of most liquids with gas/solid content less than 10% of volume. With 4 – 20 mA outputs and PT100 thermometer integration.
Non-invasive (no drilling required) for measuring flow rates of most liquids with gas/solid content less than 10% of the volume.
Built-in signal oscilloscope for sensor positioning and diagnostics. To achieve maximum accuracy with the measurement while providing visibility of the potential issues.
Connection to PC available as standard using both RS232 and built-in USB. Also, 4 – 20 mA inputs are available as an optional plugin.
- TOTAL FLOW
All measured values can be totalised giving the total flow rate measured during a particular measuring session.
- RECOMMENDED APPLICATIONS
Commercial building heat metering, fuel monitoring, wastewater and many more.
- HEAT METERING
Ability to incorporate PT100 thermometer inputs. Therefore heat quantity measurement can be monitored alongside flow rate.
Capable of working on pipes DN15 – DN 2500; virtually any clean liquids; on a wide range of pipe materials. Without contact with the fluid, there are also fewer issues with the flowmeter being damaged by the nature of the fluid it is measuring compared to inline flowmeters.
Capable of measuring flow velocities between 0.01 m/s – 25m/s. Resolution of 0.25mm/s.
Wall-mounted and fixed therefore suitable for conducting measurements in a wide variety of poor conditions as the equipment is affixed firmly to the wall.
- LOW COST:
No installation costs such as drilling into pipes, therefore no downtime to the pipe network is present. Only one individual is required to operate the instrument.
- ACCURATE: Accurate to +/- 0.5% under ideal conditions. Repeatability of 0.15% of the measured value
24/7 flow rate monitoring and alert is available
Sensors rated IP66. Sensor temperature range -20°C to +150°C
Unique Human Machine Interface (HMI) driven menu emphasises user-friendliness
Datalogging & Communications Ready
- 16 MB datalogger included as standard – all measurement values can be logged
- Serial Communications RS232 and USB included as standard, can be used for device control (command-line interface) and datalogger download via PC
- 4 – 20 mA, Digital, Modbus, Relay, OPTO, Open Collector Output available as optional plug-in modules
Optional Plug-in Modules
- PT100 Thermometer Input (for heat metering applications)
- 4 – 20 mA Current Input
- 4 – 20 mA Current Output
- Digital InputModbus RTU
- Relay Output
- OPTO Output
- Open Collector Output
Part of the Level-Flow-Pressure Range
See the other 3 products in this range:
- Portatank – handheld ultrasonic tank liquid level indicator
- Portasonic 2.FL0 – handheld clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter
- Portasonic CALCULATOR – convert flow rate into pressure
- Main Unit x1
- RS232 and USB communications included
- DC power supply included
- Any additional plug-in modules that are selected
- Pair of Standard Transducers for pipes DN15 – DN700 (set of 2) x1
- Pair of Jubilee Clips for your pipe sizes (set of 2) x1
- Measuring Tape x1
- Ultrasonic Couplant x1
- User Manual
- Installation Manual
See the full Ultrasonic Testing range
Also, follow us on LinkedIn
Please note that due to the complex nature of shipping for certain products it will be more cost effective to contact AMI directly using the firstname.lastname@example.org address or the telephone number +44 (0) 2380 480450, for a bespoke quotation.
Our team are able to create bespoke quotations for you for all of your needs and delivery requirements.
We are able to ship to all parts of the world. Transit times vary and are usually between 2 and 5 days depending on the destination.
All orders taken through the e-shop are acknowledged by the team at AMI Head Office and an expected delivery date will be advised.
Full terms and conditions are available on the Legal page.