Portascanner® WATERTIGHT PLUS
Introducing the Portascanner® WATERTIGHT PLUS, the world-leading fully ABS Type-Approved & RINA-Accepted, watertight integrity tester for inspecting watertight and weathertight seals on ships and marine structures such as warships and offshore oil & gas platforms.
The Portascanner® WATERTIGHT PLUS offers functionality and display, all packaged into a smart, ergonomic, and rugged enclosure. With the implementation of three testing modes, the user has much greater control when testing a large variety of hatch covers and watertight structures.
A new user interface upgrade now allows the user to switch between Linear, Decibel (dB) and Open-Hatch modes (specific for testing hatch covers) displaying the percentage leak, making it even more efficient and user-friendly than its predecessor, the Portascanner® Watertight.
Ultrasonic Watertight Integrity Indicator designed for watertight structures and hatch covers
Coltraco Ultrasonics is proud to introduce the latest addition to our Portascanner® range, the Portascanner® WATERTIGHT PLUS. Building on the success of the original Portascanner® WATERTIGHT, this new and improved version offers greater accuracy and versatility for testing the integrity of sealed compartments, watertight/weathertight doors, hatch-covers, and multiple cable transit (MCTs) areas.
One of the key features of the Portascanner® WATERTIGHT PLUS is its user-friendly display and versatile instrument that can detect holes as small as 0.06 mm.
In addition to its unbeatable accuracy, the Portascanner® WATERTIGHT PLUS also offers three intelligent operational modes (including one mode specific for testing hatch covers) and additional power settings. This allows operators to test a wide variety of structures with greater control and precision.
Another important feature of the Portascanner® WATERTIGHT PLUS is its multi-directional, 5-transducer variable gain generator. This allows for more optimized testing and provides greater flexibility when working on structures of various sizes from large cargo holds to smaller watertight compartments. Additionally, it also has a flexible sensor wand which allows testing in tight and difficult places such as MCTs.
The table below illustrates the information that is presented in the three display modes that the user can switch between. In the Open-Hatch mode (specific for testing hatch covers), the percentage leak value is displayed throughout all three display modes below.
|OPTION 1: decibel (dB)||OPTION 2: Linear/ numerical||OPTION 3: OHV %|
|Up to 33 dB = watertight seal||0 – 5 = watertight seal||WATERTIGHT|
|33 dB – 57 dB = weathertight seal||6 – 100 = weathertight seal||WEATHERTIGHT|
|58+ dB = weak seal compression||101+ = weak seal compression||LEAK|
|high values = full leak site||For hatch cover: above 10% OHV = leak site.
high values = full leak site
|Percentage leak value also displayed.|
The Portascanner® WATERTIGHT PLUS is also easy to use, with training provided and no need for time-consuming, expensive courses. This means that any operator can use the instrument with minimal training. Furthermore, it is a hand-held instrument that can be deployed regularly with the crew in situ, making it a reliable and efficient way to check for watertightness and weathertightness.
The Portascanner® WATERTIGHT PLUS is the perfect tool for marine industry professionals who must ensure the integrity of watertight and weathertight seals on ships and marine structures. Its advanced features, user-friendly design, and easy-to-use functionality offer unparalleled accuracy and versatility for marine maintenance and testing.
- Unbeatable accuracy and suitability for use by any operator with free training provided.
- Three intelligent operational modes and additional power settings for increased gain when operating in a large cargo hold.
- The multi-directional 5-transducer variable gain generator allows for more optimized testing and provides greater flexibility when working on structures of various sizes.
- A flexible sensor wand allows testing in tight, difficult places like MCTs.
- User-friendly display, versatile instrument with the ability to detect holes as small as 0.06 mm.
What’s In The Box
- Portascanner® WATERTIGHT PLUS Handheld Receiver Unit: Ultrasonic receiver for displaying measurements in Linear, Decibel (dB) and Open-Hatch modes
- Flexible Receiver Wand with Aluminium Rod Extensions: Sensor wand with 1.8m BNC cable, supplied with two aluminium extension rods and rubberised grip#5-transducer Portascanner® Ultrasonic Generator: Lightweight and portable ultrasonic generator with magnetic base for versatility in mounting on the hatch coaming
- Headphones: To provide audio output to the digital readout on the receiver
- User Manual: Step-by-step guide on how to use the equipment
- Calibration Certificate: To certify the equipment has been checked and tested to the appropriate standards
- Hard Wearing Carrying Case: To protect the unit and its accessories
COLTRACO CUSTOMER CARE COMMITMENT:
- We manufacture ultrasonic technology in the UK that will save you time, cost, and risk
- We make safety products for testing level, seal, thickness, flow, and acoustics
- You get a 3-year warranty on the main unit, a 1-year warranty on the sensor, and lifetime support
- Coltraco operate in 120 countries worldwide and has a global network to support you
- We are based on integrity, from design through to manufacture, supply, and after-sales
- We help you to deliver the Safesite® or Safeship® to improve safety for your people, assets, and infrastructure, as well as save time and cost.
Also, see the full Ultrasonic Testing Range HERE.
|Dimensions||45 × 37 × 12 cm|
|Packed Weights & Dimensions||
3.3.KG 45cm x 37cm x12cm
21.5cm x 8.2cm x 3cm
9cm x 11.1cm x 5cm
3.3.KG 45cm x 37cm x12cm