New 2021 Product to reduce the spread of airborne disease (COVID-19) by inspecting rooms for leaks. Designed as a result of the British Government COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant.
Portascanner® COVID-19 locates leaks in hospital wards, quantifies the leaks in regard to their cross-sectional area and calculates the airflow rate through them. This generates an air permeability value for an entire ICU Ward which the user can compare against the required value for negative pressurisation.
Reduce the spread of COVID-19 in healthcare
- To reduce the spread of airborne infectious diseases Hospital ICU wards rely on negative-pressurisation. Adequate ventilation needs a minimum of airtightness.
- Current practice involves measuring total air permeability but is unable to give meaningful value for leakage rate via individual leaks or locate them precisely.
- Portascanner® COVID-19 measures individual leak sizes and leakage rates and use these to approximate total air permeability too.
The only alternative to Portascanner® COVID-19 is 3rd party contracted door fan testing which is more invasive, time-consuming, and costly. It cannot be used with patients in the room. Our instrument can. Without this, “patch and hope” measures are often used i.e. taping obvious areas of leakage (pictured).
- 8-megapixel camera
- Dual function
- Power settings
- Record data & export via USB
- Filter records by date or location
- Maintenance tool (not medical)
- Easy to Use
- Save Time & Money
- Portascanner® COVID-19 Main Unit,
- Portascanner® COVID-19 Generator,
- Receiver Wand,
- BNC Cable,
- Hard Wearing Carrying Case,
- USB stick,
- Calibration Certificate,
- Operating Instructions
- Generator tripod mount (optional)
Also, see the full Ultrasonic Range
Also, follow us on social media
Main Unit: Height: 225mm (8.86 inches) Width: 135mm (5.31 inches) Depth: 35mm (1.38 inches) Weight: 1051g (37.07 ounces)
Generator: Height: 112mm (4.41 inches) Width: 67mm (2.64 inches) Depth: 25mm (0.98 inches) Weight: 137g (4.83 ounces)