- VDR System
- S-VDR SYSTEM
- Course Recorders
- Popular Products
MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processor
The MD97CSP Compass Sensor Processor is supplied as part of a complete Marine Data Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System.
The MD97CSP sensor processor is an electronic processing unit mounted in a waterproof enclosure with a socket connection for the sensor and internal screw terminals for connection of the cable to the MD71THD Control & Display Unit in a Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System. MD97CSP has no standalone functionality.
The MD97CSP sensor processor unit accepts the signals provided by either the MD52A/B (TMC) Sensor or the MD53A/B (EMC) Sensor, performs the calculations necessary for the basic calibration of the fluxgate sensor, and provides a measurement of Magnetic Heading.
Transmitting Heading Device (THD) Systems are becoming increasingly popular as a backup or an alternative to a gyro compass. Marine Data offers a Transmitting Magnetic Compass (TMC) or an Electromagnetic Compass (EMC) solution. The TMC echoes the ship’s magnetic compass in its binnacle; the EMC directly detects the Earth’s magnetic field as a fully independent electromagnetic compass.
- The Signal Processor in a Marine Data Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System (EMC & TMC)
- Performs the calculations necessary for the basic calibration of the connected magnetic sensor
- Proprietary algorithms calibrate the MD52A/B with the ship’s Magnetic Compass and provide deviation correction for the MD53A/B.
- Adds Magnetic Variation to the Magnetic Heading to calculate the True Heading
- Deviation and Variation parameters are stored in non-volatile memory
- Data and control signals are transmitted between the MD97CSP and the MD71THD through a dedicated, industry-standard CAN Bus using proprietary protocols
- Rugged Marinised Construction
Connects with the MD71THD Control and Display Unit (required) In a Marine Data Transmitting Heading Device (THD) System
By Marine Data