- VDR System
- S-VDR SYSTEM
- Course Recorders
- Popular Products
Kelvin Hughes Navigation ECDIS
NEW REGULATIONS COMPLIANT ECDIS
The new fully compliant ECDIS from Kelvin Hughes operates on an integrated display incorporating all the market-leading software functionality from the previous MantaDigital™ ECDIS, updated with new time-saving features for a truly multifunction networked navigation and situational awareness bridge system.
Kelvin Hughes ECDIS meets the new IEC 61174 Edition 4 standard and complies with ENC S-57 and S-63 and C-Map chart formats, including updates provided via online services.
With easy and fast installation, the system is multifunctional and compatible with the new Kelvin Hughes navigation radar display and bridge system, enabling the sharing of sensors over the Ethernet network and featuring a radar overlay option.
- Commercial retrofit and new buildings
- Operates on an integrated display, incorporating all market-leading software functionality
- Uses the latest IHO standards
- Provides information such as anchorage area names with landmarks, lights and buoys viewable by efficiency and safety
VERSION 4 PRESENTATION LIBRARY
The ECDIS uses the latest IHO standards, specifically the latest presentation library version 4 within S-52. This contains instructions for the drawing engine within the ECDIS on displaying symbols, colours and line styles on the screen. This brings greater consistency in the display of the ENC data, reduces alarm fatigue and provides information such as anchorage area names with landmarks, lights and buoys viewable by hovering the cursor over the object.
The efficient software architecture dramatically reduces the user’s waiting time, considerably improving efficiency and safety.
- ENC installation is now twice as fast.
- Chart redraw when altering the zoom level is almost instantaneous with no black screen.
- Reduced waiting time for the user due to the new software architecture
- Improvement in efficiency and safety
- Greater consistency in the display of the ENC data, reducing alarm fatigue
- Compliant with the new IEC 61174 Edition4 standard, ENC S-57 and S-63 and C-Map chart formats
Kelvin Hughes ECDIS comes with a host of new and improved features to benefit the user:
- Look ahead (marker and depth areas relevant to the ship’s course at an adjustable time period).
- Anchor watch (visual and audible alarm of actual position in relation to swing circle).
- Anchor dragging risk (notifies if the anchor may be dragging, exceeding the new IEC 61174 standard).
- Navtex compatibility (removes the need to print messages as they can now be displayed on screen).
- Maximise chart area (provides the ability to hide the menu sidebar).
- Best scale option (automatically selects the best chart viewing scale).
- AIS and radar target layers (supports additional layers).
- AIO (via C-Map CAES) display.
- One-click chart updates and permit renewal.
- Remote diagnostics.
- Improved route planning tools (this enables detailed passage plans to be created and exported
The state-of-the-art LED widescreen display is available in 22″ and 26″ sizes and is an easy-to-install console display with an integrated 5th generation processor and 64bit operating system, which can be easily integrated into any bridge.
Ordering Options – Kelvin Hughes ECDIS
|Kelvin Hughes ECDIS with 22″ display (Console)
|Kelvin Hughes ECDIS with 22″ Display (Desktop/Deck head mount)
|Kelvin Hughes ECDIS with 22″ Display (Deck stand)
Kelvin Hughes ECDIS with 27″ Navigation Display
|Kelvin Hughes ECDIS with 27″ display (Console)
Kelvin Hughes ECDIS with 27″ Display (Desktop/Deck head mount)
|Kelvin Hughes ECDIS with 27″ Display (Deck stand)
By Kelvin Hughes/Hendsoldt
Also, see the ECDIS range.