A051T AIS Transponder (Class B)
Quark-elec’s A051T Class B AIS Transponder is the ideal solution to transmit your ship’s information, including; location, name, course, speed etc.
The ideal transponder to fulfil your local Class B legal requirements, as well as for peace of mind and project tracking,
This is the ideal, compact AIS transponder.
In addition to transmitting your AIS information to local boats and receiving stations, the A051T will also decode incoming AIS messages.
The A051T will receive and decode your GPS location as well as the AIS messages from local ships. Combining the AIS and GPS data, you will be able to view which other boats and ships are around and your position compared to them and the coastline.
You can view your AIS and GPS data on
- up to two chart plotters
- your laptop, computer or tablet through USB OTG(Android or Linux compatible)
- up to 4 WiFi-enabled devices
Straight forward setup.
- Transmission of vessels own position, speed and heading etc. to other vessels and receiving stations within VHF range
- Receives and processes GPS and all AIS message types
- A method of monitoring the position, speed and heading of other AIS vessels within the VHF range
- The ability to plot the progress and changes in heading/speed of other AIS vessels within VHF range on a PC, chart plotter or wireless device.
- AIS Transmitter ‘Standby’ facility to conserve power, or for privacy.
- Low-cost anti-collision / monitoring system
- Complies with all necessary standards under the European R & TTE article
- LED lights give real-time feedback. LEDs flash each time a message is successfully transmitted or received, so you can have confidence the A051T is transmitting your information.
- In addition, you have the option to read the actual ‘raw’ AIS messages received, using the free application OceanCom.
- AIS transmission rate: 2 Watts
- AIS receiving range: 40nm
- VHF connector port: Standard SO239/UHF Female connector. Connects to an external VHF/AIS antenna (requires standard PL-259/UHF Male Plug)
- GPS connector: TNC female bulkhead connector for connection to an external GPS antenna. The A051T includes a built in GPS module and only requires a GPS antenna to be connected
- POWER connector: 9 pin POWER/NMEA connector
- POWER supply range: 12V – 35V
- 2 NMEA 0183 output ports (1x RS422 and 1x RS232): For connection to chart plotters and other NMEA0183 compatible equipment as desired.
- USB output: Type B USB for easy connecting to your laptop or PC (Data viewing and configuration when required)
- WiFi Output: The NMEA 0183 sentences are also transmitted through WiFi. It supports Ad-hoc and Station mode WiFi (with and without a router). No configuration required for Ad-hoc WiFi.
- LED lights to confirm incoming and outgoing AIS messages, GPS, WiFi and Power
Perfect for use in all Class B boats (under 300 tonnes etc.): sailing boats or yachts, small fishing boats, etc..
Approx. 4cm x 10.5cm x 13.25cm
Please note that due to the complex nature of shipping for certain products it will be more cost effective to contact AMI directly using the firstname.lastname@example.org address or the telephone number +44 (0) 2380 480450, for a bespoke quotation.
Our team are able to create bespoke quotations for you for all of your needs and delivery requirements.
We are able to ship to all parts of the world. Transit times vary and are usually between 2 and 5 days depending on the destination.
All orders taken through the e-shop are acknowledged by the team at AMI Head Office and an expected delivery date will be advised.
Full terms and conditions are available on the Legal page.