- Course Recorders
- Special Offers
A028 NMEA 2000 AIS + GPS receiver
The A028 combines dual-channel AIS and GPS Data and provides your data through NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 simultaneously.
Simply plug and play with your NMEA 2000 network, for the ultimate convenience and flexibility, no configuration required.
3 simultaneous data output connections:
- NMEA 2000 network connection to your N2K backbone will provide AIS and GPS data to your complete N2K network, chart plotter, radio, and other connected devices and instruments. (including informing your navigation software for plotting waypoints and collision avoidance.)
- NMEA 0183 RS422 output
- USB output to a laptop of your choice (or USB OTG tablet or phone)
The advantage of an integrated GPS is that you can see, not only where other ships are, but crucially where you are in comparison with them and the coastline.
The ideal AIS and GPS multiplexer for your convenience.
- Compact dual channel AIS receiver
- Multiplexer: combines AIS and GPS
- View your AIS data and location through NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183 RS422, and USB simultaneously if desired.
- AIS range: up to 20 nautical miles
- Compatible with Chart plotters and other AIS/GPS receiving devices and instruments, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux systems, and USB OTG tablets and chart plotters.
- Two independent receivers monitor AIS channels (161.975MHz &162.025MHz) and decode both channels simultaneously
- Combines AIS and GPS messages, and outputs as a seamless stream of data
- Sensitivity down to -105 [email protected]% PER
- AIS reception range: up to 20 nautical miles
- BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
- Built-in GPS module to provide positional data (simply connect a GPS antenna)
- Powered SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna
- NMEA 2000 (N2K) output
- NMEA 0183 RS422 message output (also connects to NMEA 0183 RS232 when used with the Quark-elec Protocol Bridge (AS03)
- Additional NMEA 0183 output through USB OTG
- Plug & play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
- Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
- QK-A028 with NMEA 2000 connection cable x1
- NMEA 0183 RS422 connection cable x1
- USB cable x1
- Protective cover/insert for NMEA 0183 and USB, protects the connections when not in use.
- CD containing Manual (and driver software for some Windows PCs) x1
- Setup Guidebook x1
QK-A028 has the following connections/indicators:
- AIS antenna connector. Standard BNC female 50 Ohm connector. An active VHF antenna splitter is required if one VHF antenna is shared by QK-A028 and VHF voice radio. (We recommend separate antennas ideally.)
- GPS antenna connector: Powered SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna. Built-in GPS module. An integrated GPS unit supplies positional data in addition to the AIS data. Simply connect the chosen GPS antenna.
- NMEA 2000 (N2K) connection. NMEA 2000 network cable integral to the A028 for easy plug and play connection to your NMEA2000 backbone. The majority of all NMEA 0183 messages are converted to NMEA 2000, full list of conversions can be found in the manual.
- NMEA 0183 output connectors. QK-A028 can be connected to NMEA 0183 RS422 AIS or GPS compatible equipment including chart plotters and multi-functional displays. NMEA 0183 RS 422 cable included for ease of connection. (also connects to NMEA 0183 RS232 when used with the Quark-elec Protocol Bridge (AS03)
- USB connection. A micro USB port outputs NMEA 0183 messages.
- LED lights: indicate power (top, red), AIS (centre, green), and GPS (bottom, green) status respectively.
Also, see the Full NMEA 2000 range
Also, follow us on LinkedIn
6.7cm x 11.6cm
6.7cm x 11.6cm
Please note that due to the complex nature of shipping for certain products it will be more cost effective to contact AMI directly using the [email protected] address or the telephone number +44 (0) 2380 480450, for a bespoke quotation.
Our team are able to create bespoke quotations for you for all of your needs and delivery requirements.
We are able to ship to all parts of the world. Transit times vary and are usually between 2 and 5 days depending on the destination.
All orders taken through the e-shop are acknowledged by the team at AMI Head Office and an expected delivery date will be advised.
Full terms and conditions are available on the Legal page.